|Office||208 B Buller Buller|
I am an evolutionary ecologist that utilizes molecular techniques to address the ecology and evolution of host-parasite interactions. I use a variety of host-parasite systems in field and laboratory settings to address a broad range of topics. My research interests include the impact of host ecology and evolution on patterns of host specificity, and the influence of parasite-mediated selection on adaptive immune genes. My approach integrates neutral markers and ecologically relevant genes with ecological, phylogenetic, and population genetics methods.
Check out the lab website http://detwilerlab.weebly.com
I am recruiting graduate and honours students into my research program. If interested, please email your CV, a copy of your academic transcript, and a brief description of your research background and interests.
Research InterestsBiodiversity, Ecology and Environment, Parasite evolutionary ecology, trematode-snail interactions, host specificity, hybridization, mating systems
- Li, C-H., Roth, J.D., and Detwiler, J.T. (2018). Isotopic turnover rates and diet-tissue discrimination depend on feeding habits of freshwater snails. PLoS ONE 13 (7), e0199713. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0199713
- Detwiler, J.T., Caballero, I.C., and Criscione, C.D. (2017). Role of parasite transmission in promoting inbreeding: I. Infection intensities drive individual parasite selfing rates. Molecular Ecology, DOI: 10.1111/mec.14211.
- Detwiler, J.T., Criscione, C.D. (2017). Role of parasite transmission in promoting inbreeding: II. Pedigree reconstruction reveals sib-transmission and consequent kin-mating. Molecular Ecology, DOI: 10.1111/mec.14210.
- Caballero, I.C., Sakla A.J., Detwiler, J.T., Le Gall, M., Behmer, S.T., Criscione, C.D. (2015). Physiological Status Drives Metabolic Rate in Mediterranean Geckos Infected with Pentastomes. PLoS ONE 10 (12), e0144477. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0144477
- Detwiler, J.T., Criscione, C.D. (2014). Recently introduced invasive geckos quickly reach population genetic equilibrium dynamics. Biological Invasions, DOI 10.1007/s10530-014-0694-1.